Friday 18 March 2016

30 Years An Actor..!

To celebrate my 30th anniversary this year as a professional actor I thought I'd share a few of my old 10x8 images from 1986 to 2016....interesting to note the decline in looks and the ageing process!


First up my original pics from 1986 shoot with Brian Dunnabie, having just signed with my first agent Freddie Young in Glasgow, auditioning for DRAMARAMA and training at Dorothy Paul's acting studio.


A few years later and back to Brian Dunnabie for another sitting! I had just started drama school at Motherwell College in 1991 and about to start rehearsals for THE GORBALS STORY.


The next was another Brian session in around 1993 when I was working with Paul Moore touring a one man show 'THE GANG OF ONE' around community venues in Glasgow.



The next set were taken by the STV Press Office around 1996 when I had become a series regular in HIGH ROAD.


My HIGH ROAD friend and co-star Iain Andrew took the next shot on the banks of Loch Lomond whilst on a location shoot and it remains one of my favourites to this day.



This photo was shot by photography student Joannie Elgie who also worked on the last episodes of HIGH ROAD.



And this one was my first by Alan Wylie with whom I am still working all these years later! I was about to start working on MONARCH OF THE GLEN around this point in 2003.



Lyn Connor took the next shot when I was working on HOPE SPRINGS and running the ZICO FASHION BOUTIQUE in Glasgow's West End.


And back to Alan Wylie for this shot in 2008 which was a photo that got me a lot of work and so Alan has been a lucky talisman for me! Shortly afterwards I began work on RIVER CITY.




And now for the 'aged' look, with Calum Connelly's shots taken just last year. I'd met Calum whilst doing a CAPTAIN MORGAN gig in an Edinburgh niteclub that he was the photographer for.


And I went back to Calum for the next shot, sans-beard! Again these were taken in the summer of 2015, whilst filming CLEEK.


And so we return to Alan Wylie for the last in the little tableaux and these photos done in March 2016..!


Horrible getting old, isn't it? Huge thanks to all the photographers I have worked with over the years for contributing to my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment