Wednesday 16 November 2022

September 2022 - The Diary

Kicked off September as the MC of my friend Mar Barrett's wedding followed by Irvine Welsh's wedding party on the same day! Great fun at both and honoured to be a part of both special events and had such fun catching up with loads of old pals (and new) in The Caves, Edinburgh, including  Bonnie Prince Bob,

who made me roar with laughter. Top night all round. Then down to London the following Monday for a recall audition for an excellent play and lovely bumping into one of my childhood heroes, Peter Duncan of Flash Gordon & Blue Peter fame at the rehearsal rooms. Read for a couple of parts but sadly no joy!


Back to Glasgow to attend the Celtic v Real Madrid game and a meeting with Charles Hart, father of Celtic keeper Joe, who has written the intro to JUMP! that is now on sale in the official Celtic Shop at Parkhead, as well as catching up with school pals JP Brown and Jonny Kelly. A fab night, despite the


result, but great company and some fascinating stories! I then helped judge on the HB Film Festival, in which I also had a couple of short films screening, including the brilliant 1815, which has been nominated


in a few categories, none of which I am judging I hasten to add! Great to see so many excellent short films and the excellent talent on show and was really hard trimming it down to a shortlist of nominees. My first time as a judge on a film panel and thanks to Gary Hewitt for asking me to be part of it. Another roleplay


for NHS Lanarkshire before jetting off on holiday at the end of September...A much longed for trip back to Jamaica at long last! See you all next month x





No comments:

Post a Comment