Monday 25 March 2013

Monarch Of The Glen


In 2001 I was cast as Stuart MacIntosh in MONARCH OF THE GLEN. It was the 3rd series and I played a clan rival who was hoodwinking Hector(Richard Briers) out of buildings on his land - for a very low price! Stuart then became enamoured with the feisty Lexie (Dawn Steele) and all of this combined to give Archie (Alastair MacKenzie) some sleepless nights!Stuart also attempted to woo Stella (Alexandra Galbraith) whilst attempting to build a holiday village on Ben Bogle. He was imprisoned in the castle dungeons before being found out by Lexie and battered with flowers! When Hector discovered a long-lost tunnel and historical artefacts under the planned development it was curtains for Stuart...!
This was a superb show to be a part of and to work with the likes of Susan Hampshire, Richard Briers & Julian Fellowes was a dream come true. I learned a lot from this show and have to thank Dawn for campaigning on my behalf to get the role. For such a huge show the cast & crew were incredibly warm & welcoming and I had some memorable moments in my time in Glenbogle!
As a postscript, I was so sad to hear of Richard Briers passing recently and cherish the cards we exchanged over the years. Believe me a long morning drive to location in Newtonmore in the company of Messrs Fellowes & Briers is an experience one will never, ever forget. I also got to whizz around the Highlands in a lovely wee red MG and work in the most stunning scenery you can imagine...despite the midges..!

No comments:

Post a Comment