Monday 25 March 2013

Voice Overs


It was my HIGH ROAD co-star Iain Andrew who first got me into doing commercial voice-overs in 1996. Radio Clyde were first to hone my vocal talents, where my Trainspotting demo of 'Choose Life..' ensured me a future in the sound booth industry! Head Of Commercials Dan at Clyde and Producer Stephen were really encouraging at the time, Dan's desciption of my voice was 'The Poor Man's Ewan McGregor..!' I took that as a compliment and I have managed to continue doing some really interesting voice work over the years.

I have worked on television and radio adverts for Rangers FC, The Scottish Executive,The Terratorial Army, Army Officer, SPT, Motherwell Beer Festival, Verve, Motorolla, The Daily Record, The Scottish Daily Mail, The Sun, The Sunday Express, The Evening Times, The Glasgow Herald, Larry's Laminates, Reg Vardy, Arnold Clark, Cardonald College, Reid Kerr College, Weir Nissan, GWR, Scotrail, National Express, Thompson Wheelchairs, The Glasgow Pram Centre, The Kings Theatre, The Pavilion Theatre, Scottish Prison Service, Safeway International Women's Football, The Scottish Central Government, Amazonia M&D Theme Park, Claims Equilibrium Club & Totem.
In the last few years I have narrated videos for the Mal Milap Centre,East Fortune Air Base & an AICR Corporate Film as well as having performed in Sandy Nelson's BALTAMIRE on Radio Scotland. Thanks to Charles Nove at A1 Vox in Old Compton Street for regularly using me at his famous wee studios in London over the years as well as all the Scottish stations and studios who have bent over backwards to accommodate me every time.

Whilst the money may have fallen out of the ad industry it still remains the bread and butter for many actors and is a useful tool to keep your reflexes sharp & to learn another concentrated discipline. I have now recorded over 800 voice-overs and I am still learning!And I am STILL cheaper than Ewan McGregor...

Here's a wee example of my VO work in 2013:
Simon Weir Voice Over

4 comments:

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice on corporate voiceovers skeep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. All the best.WONDERFUL Blog Post.thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, wee studios in London is really one of the popular studios and it' really good that got the chance to perform as commercial voice overs over there as well as all the Scottish stations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely post.. I am so glad to left comment on this..This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here….
    voice over needed  
      

    ReplyDelete