Sunday 24 March 2013

The Acid House

 
In 1996 I wangled an audition for the part of TAMBO in a television version of Irvine Welsh's THE GRANTON STAR CAUSE. Following my brief appearance in TRAINSPOTTING in the pub fight scene I was thrilled to get this role and work with a really talented up-and-coming cast and crew on this one. TAMBO was an orange & lemonade man, a proper striker who steals Boab's place in the team and then his girlfriend. I based my TAMBO on a combination of Mo Johnston & Frank McAvennie(circa 1985)..hence the shorter than shorts, blond highlights and flapping boots tongue!The film went down a storm, became a cult video & caused arguments in the House Of Lords and outrage everywhere for it's depiction of Maurice Roeves GOD as a vengeful jakey..! The film was a success! As a result it was made into THE ACID HOUSE TRILOGY and released in 1997, featuring Ewan Bremner and Kevin McKidd in the The Acid House & A Soft Touch, directed by Paul McGuigan. I still prize my Granton Star football shirt & Diadora Cabrini boots in my collection at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment